Wednesday 20 October 2010

Using text, fonts and material editor in 3ds max

<----  This was my favourite design I made.
Today I had to write my name in 3ds max, first I when on to the shapes tool and chose text, below that was a box to type your text in then move it onto the screen. I also changed the font of the text, once finished with the font I converted it into an editable mesh and selected the whole name, so that I could extrude it out to make my name 3d.
    I wanted to change the colours of my name so it would stand out more, to do this I pressed "m" on the keybored  which brought the material editor up. I started to make different colours and added them together, then pressed the little box next to diffuse to give the colour an effect, e.g. smokey and checkers. Once I did that i began to change the colours to give the text the best possible look and make it stand out the most it could.
     I did three different designs for my name that I though looked unique and authentic. I finished the designs then rendered them and saved as a jpeg.


These are the designs I came up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment